Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BOX Braids

Hello all. Felt the need to share my new hair do. My niece braided me up with some cute box braids. I LOVE THEM. I have seen a few ladies with them. So I started to investigate... YOUTUBE! I saw so many videos of beautiful ladies with box braids. They often referred them as "patcher" (probably wrong term) braids and Poetic Justice/Solange inspired braids. And those are the exact people I thought about when I seen them.
This is the perfect example that history always repeats itself. And I'm excited they're back!

If you know me you know I'm a curly/kinky/nappy headed sista. The flat ironing, hot curling, and permed hair styles don't work for me. I have pressed/flat ironed it once or twice since I did the BC, but it just didn't help my hair. My hair is already thin. So putting all that heat, which is making it flatter & thinner, is a no-go. So to my rescue came Box Braids!

I've had them for about 2 1/2 weeks now. And I completely love them. I keep running my fingers through them. :) And they're so much fun. Especially dancing around the house, LOL. I wanted to show you guys. I made a YT vid. So please watch and comment!! I would appreciate it. :)
Hope you like them and try them out!! 


2 comments:

  1. Your braids look great!! And they do remind me of Solange. I love how history repeats itself because I was thinking of getting braids as a summer protective style. Those or senegalese twists!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete