Friday, August 22, 2014

Creative Bug


Hello and welcome again to ItsSoPretty.com I have been having a lot of fun sewing and updating my blog. The creative bug must have bit me. I hope you guys like, follow, and comment. If not just look around and get inspired to make something, or do something great. There's a lot of evil things going on in the world now and I'm just trying to keep positive. Keep the faith and make a change. I've cried almost everyday, sad and pissed off at my FB news feed. I see all these silly fights, and other nonsense. Then on top of that I see killings of young unarmed men... women being kicked and hit by police officers. It's a cycle that must stop. So sewing right now is a way to relieve the stress and hurt I feel. How do you feel about whats going on?

Back to the skirt. I've been finishing up this skirt for the last couple of days. Not that it was difficult. But every time I wanted to work on it it was late at night and I needed to rest for work in the AM. I managed to work on it a little a every day. My lines across at the seam are straight and everything. There's just one seam in the back, a elastic waist, and look... I even made a tag :) I got the idea to do it from a girl on YT that was making a skirt. She had fabric paint, a scrap piece of fabric and a toothpick. I thought it was so cute and decided to do it myself.
I bought the paint from Wal-Mart for less than $3. cut up a piece of polka dot fabric and free styled. didn't use a toothpick.

I made a few to try and get the hang of it. ISP is of course for Its So Pretty.

Had a fun time making these. I'm going to design a tag and make some more creative looking. My daughter and I will be making some shirts with the paint as well. A fun little arts and craft project would be nice. I try to do some with her to keep her happy. I'll post those once we do them.
Here's the final look.



Hope you enjoyed!!
Sable

2 comments:

  1. There is too much violence on the world, I also can't stand this.
    Lovely skirt:)

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong sista... it's not gonna get better but sharing a bit of love around you will make it easier to bear.

    be blessed

    http://afrogenik.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete